Saturday, February 26, 2011

True Value Hardware, Another Dog Supply Depot

A few weeks ago, my sister and I had a trip in True Value, a hardware store, at Trinoma Mall. We didn’t go there for any home-improvement project. I read on the net that like Ace Hardware, True Value is somewhat a pet store for having an array of selections of dog, cat, fish, and bird supplies which are affordable and imported.

If you’re looking for its location in Trinoma Mall, you can ask the concierge. The easiest way to find it is when you’re in the center of the activity ground where events are held; look for Red Ribbon. Beside it is a path leading to more shops, one of which is True Value located at the left side.
The hardware store isn’t that huge compare to Ace Hardware found in SM Annex, North Edsa but on the contrary the former has lower price for dog supplies (I don’t know about the rest because I only looked at the prices of canine items.) My sister bought only important things.

Stainless Steel Dog Bowl

Stainless dog bowl at True Value; inset photo at Ace Hardware.
True Value has many stainless dog bowls you can choose from. We picked the one with embossed bone and paw design for Chuchie. Surprisingly it’s cheaper than Pino’s bowl bought at Ace Hardware though they have the same size and rubber at the bottom. Larger and colored (e.g. red, green) bowls are also available. I recommend stainless steel dog bowl because it is durable and easy to clean. And even after prolong use, yellow stains do not build up.


Jolly Nylon Dog Collar

Purple and pink collar for Kermit!


I don’t know how Kermit did it, but she succeeded in ruining her collar bought in a pet shop near a local market. We choose a violet with pink dog collar made of nylon because of its durability. (Chuckie’s collar was handed down to Chuchie.) It has a bell that keeps on ringing when Kermit moves—I know if she’s awake even when I’m upstairs.


Bonnie’s Choice Dog Chews



It is similar to Muffy found at SM Supermarket. Other than the label showing the name, it doesn’t have any more information unlike Goodies Munchy Treat. Nonetheless, the woof family loves it very much.


Skippy Dog Food



Skippy is the latest addition to the Aspin family’s choices. Its flavors are beef and chicken with beef. The meat is softer than Pet One Dog Food Adult Beef Stew Choice Cuts but both have somewhat the same price.


Sulfodene Ear Cleaner for Dogs and Cats

 Among the items my sister purchased at True Value, Suldofene is the most expensive—approximately Php 350.00, a price lower than buying online. This is the reason why from SM North we needed to walk a bit far to reach Trinoma. My sister is looking for an ear cleaner for a long time for Pino. When I mentioned about another hardware store in a mall, she convinced me to scour the mall and fortunately True Value didn’t let her down.


If you’re visiting this store for the first time you might want to stick to your list; otherwise you’ll be tempted to buy more than you plan—blame it to variety and affordability. Among the items, I examined more are the different sizes of dog beds which look quite the same in Amazon. I’ll definitely have to save for it.

What surprised me most is the tick remover for pet—too pricey for a small, simple grooming device. I also found plastic and mesh dog muzzle and shampoo that my sister is eyeing for. I can’t recall all the items; you just have to see it for yourself. Now, I and other pet owners have two hardware stores found in Manila to visit for the satisfaction of demanding pets.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At March 1, 2011 at 9:52 AM , Blogger booahboo said...

i would recommend you to try the durapet bowls.. cos the rubber lasts a very long time. The bowl is a good stainless steel and its a good value for money. It is because i have bought a couple of the above bowls you showed... after a few washes.. the rubber tends to crack and break off :)

 
At March 4, 2011 at 11:23 AM , Blogger Caerol said...

I don't have any idea about durapet bowls till you mentioned it. Thanks! I looked it up in Amazon and it's a bit pricey plus the shipment here in the Philippines. I'll save for it.

I know what you mean with regard to the rubber of the stainless steel dog bowl; my sister put back the rubber in one of the bowls and since then it has stayed there.

When it comes to dog supplies, owners have to do a trial-and-error thing before we find the right stuff for our dear furry pal who deserve nothing but the best!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home