Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Beef Bone Made Buchie Go Crazy

I found Buchie in a much-preoccupied state. As I approached her, she acts as if I wasn’t there; normally she would run towards me and stand in her hind feet.

What came over Buchie, is that a new trick?

She’s so quiet, behave, and busy. Beef bone is all to blame. My dad gave Buchie her first bony treat that is taken from our lunch “Nilagang Baka” or beef stew. Typically my dad would give them bread to munch; he do so because he actually don’t have much choice: our dogs are all ogling, sitting which means they are ready and waiting, and barking as if complaining when my dad refuse or take too long to give the tidbit.

In those times Buchie is her same old self: trying to get people’s attention, asking for a reward, and staying close to IC, her mom. But when she had beef bone she goes crazy over it.

Busy as a bee!

There’s no stopping her. She chewed it as hard as she could. (I can tell by the sound she made.) Afterwards, it broke into two.

Filipino dog chewing beef bone
You can’t have it all, just one at a time.
I moved the bone closer to me so as to take a good photo whenever she drops the huge part; she then engrossed herself with the little bone, then move back to the bigger one. She’s head over heels infatuated with her new favorite.

There’s no way of breaking their bond.

Filipino dish
Nilagang Baka / Beef Stew

That’s what I thought at first. Soon after, Buchie left the beef bone—wet and hurt. Poor fellow. Buchie is back to her old self again—she then came near her mom, eyeing for the leftover she consumed as well. It must be Buchie’s day because she’s the only one who had a bony share of our lunch. My dad is not playing favorites with our furry pals, and so am I; Chuchie and the rest will have their own hard-to-chew treat and experience brief infatuation when we have “Nilagang Baka” again.

Tip:

We only give cooked beef bone because it is stronger than pork or poultry that would easily break into splinter, as they have no match for the sharp teeth and tough jaw of dogs.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home