Monday, August 23, 2010

The Little and the Great Pain

This week, they are scheduled to have their first vaccination for free in the city veterinary office at the city hall.  As part of RA 9842 “Anti-Rabies Act of 2007,” dog owners are mandated to have their dog vaccinated of anti-rabies to protect the animal and the community. I’m sure they’ll behave in their first trip (riding in a vehicle). I hope they pee or do other messy business before we leave and after we arrive at home. My other dogs were vaccinated also there as a puppy then at the barangay hall every summer.


For Filipino dog owners, you can ask about this service in your barangay hall; or urge someone you know to avail of this free service. It’s a little bit of pain (for man’s best friend) that protects everyone. I know they can take it. What sort of treat should I give them afterwards: ice cream, french fries or chips? (Don’t get me wrong, I do care about their health. Although in some occasion, I give treat—with less nutritional value.)

When it’s all done, another painful thing will come: adoption of Buchie. We’re going to contact our relatives who might be interested of having a dog as a member of their family and not just as a pet or “bantay.” But an intervention may happen that she could stay with us even though we already have 3 dogs and 2 puppies (Buchie is included). Space is limited, but it can be fixed.

Those are the possibilities that may or may not happen, but the vaccination is certainly going to materialize.


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home